In the wise words of Craig Morgan, here’s what I love about Sunday, everything. I love waking up at 9a with more than 7 hours of sleep behind me, I love the burst of energy for a new week to start, and I love the anticipation that comes with it being the start of a new week. Usually, on Sundays I’ll wake up on my own time, go to the gym watch a bit of whatever NFL game is playing while I do cardio then come home and no matter what the rest of my day holds I at least accomplished that much.
I really enjoy looking out at what is to come for the next week, and I’ve finally narrowed it down to the six things that I do each Sunday to help me get in the right mindset for the upcoming week.
- Go to the gym, go for a hike, or even just go for a walk. Seriously first thing in the morning; just get up and go. You probably slept in leggings and a giant t-shirt just throw on a sports bra AND GO.
If you’re a guy reading this… I know you have those grey sweats on and a t-shirt from your glory fraternity days, so you don’t have an excuse either.
- Make your breakfast or get an absurdly priced smoothie from that one Instagram worthy shop in town. Take the obligatory Insta Story photo and continue on about your day.
- Shower. Even if you didn’t go to the gym, it really helps drive the motivation for the rest of the day.
- Take a look around your room? It’s a hot mess, isn’t it? Start by putting away some of the smaller things; like the shoes next to the door or hanging up the hats you’ve been wearing to the gym all week.
- Take a break and watch a movie, if you’re old like me it’s about time for your midday nap.
- If you still have energy… (kudos) … look forward at your week. Is there anything you have to get done or need to squeeze in before happy hour with your friends? I know you have that Amazon return package by the front door… I’m staring at mine too while I write this.
And usually by this time it’s probably about 5p or 6p, and I’m usually winding down by laying in bed like a potato watching Parks and Rec reruns, but at least I accomplished something! And there are my six most important things to do each Sunday for a brighter week! Let’s go out and make this week ours!